- Viewswire (daily news and economic, political, regulatory environment for 200+ countries); Country Reports (in-depth analysis by country and forecasts).
- Global emerging markets. Coverage: North America, Western Europe, Asia, Middle East and Africa, Eastern Europe and Latin America.
- Tutorial: How to Find an Industry SWOT Using Business Monitor International Database (University of Alberta: 1 min, 46 sec)
- Information for doing business with 100 countries.
- Iincludes business culture, logistics/transportation, marketing, money, exporting/importing, etc.
- Overviews of each country: history, geography, people, government, economy and stock exchange information.
- Political and economic information and corporate enterprise for each country.
- 80 emerging markets: news articles, financial statements, company information, industry analyses, equity quotes, macroeconomic statistics, and market-specific information.
International Monetary Fund : Country Information
- Financial health of any IMF member country.
World Competitiveness Yearbook
(HF 1414 W927 - Winspear)
- Rankings of countries for indicators related to government, infrastructure, finance, science & technology, trade and management (productivity, corporate culture, management efficiency, labor costs, etc).
World Factbook (CIA)
- Information on the people, government and economy. Maps are provided.
Country Insights (globalEDGE)
- Individual country information: business climate, news, history, political structure, economic landscape, and relevant statistical data.
Country Info (Canadian Trade Commissioner Service)
Country Profiles and Resources (FITA - Federation of International Trade Associations)
Photo courtesy of iStockphoto
International trade is governed by the World Trade Organization (WTO), which negotiates agreements between nations as to the rules of international trade.
This UN site includes a business support section that provides information to businesses in developing nations to assist their entrance into international trading.
Includes links to OECD publications, statistics and committee meetings.
The site links to research, summits, meetings, documents and scholarly writings.
Canadian Trade Commission - DFAIT