Rutherford Library on Instagram
Rutherford Library New Books on Pinterest
Rutherford Library on Facebook
Rutherford Library is the largest library on campus with almost two million volumes and is the second largest research library in Canada. The collection consists of materials supporting the study, teaching and research needs of students and faculty in the humanities and social sciences. The Rutherford Library complex consists of two buildings joined by a sky-lighted galleria.
Rutherford North houses the majority of the library's collection on five floors.
- Service Desk (1st floor) - ask us for help
- Reserve Room (1st floor) - find reserve reading material for your courses
- Reference (1st floor) and some materials available at the Service desk.
- Music Collection (2nd floor) - find sound recordings, printed music, books about music, and much more!
- Interlibrary Loans (1st floor) - get books and material not held by the U of A libraries
Rutherford South is home to:
- Bruce Peel Special Collections Library (lower level)
- Administration offices (1st floor)
- Computer labs (2nd floor)
- Study Hall and Reading Room (a.k.a "The Harry Potter Room" - 2nd floor)
Head, Rutherford Library
Public Services Manager
If you need immediate assistance please contact the Rutherford Service Desk, Main Floor Rutherford North