Rutherford North houses the library's collection on five floors.
- Service Desk (1st floor) - ask us for help
- Reserve Room (1st floor) - find reserve reading material for your courses
- Reference (1st floor) and some materials available at the Service desk.
- Music Collection (2nd floor) - find sound recordings, printed music, books about music, and much more!
- Interlibrary Loans (1st floor) - get books and material not held by the U of A libraries
Rutherford South is home to:
- Bruce Peel Special Collections Library (lower level) is closed for renovations from 3 April 2015 to approximately Jan 2016. There will be no access to special collections materials or the Peel Library's reading room for the duration of the renovation. Click here for more information.
- Administration offices (1st floor)
- Computer labs (2nd floor)
- Study Hall and Reading Room (a.k.a "The Harry Potter Room" - 2nd floor)
Rutherford Library is the largest library on campus with almost two million volumes and is the second largest research library in Canada. The collection consists of materials supporting the study, teaching and research needs of students and faculty in the humanities and social sciences. The Rutherford Library complex consists of two buildings joined by a sky-lighted galleria.