Whether you are searching for books and articles through our library catalogue or in individual databases, the process is similar:
- Ensure you are in the "Advanced Search" interface
- Search for sources using a combination of terms and fields:
- e.g.: chomsky (select SU Subject or AU Author in the field drop down menu) AND universal grammar (as a keyword term)
- e.g.: (language AND (acquisition OR instinct)) (try searching it as a keyword term or SU Subject) AND 21st century
- Limit your results, e.g. by date or to relevant source types: e.g. books, academic journals...
- Remember: searching is an iterative process!
- Search multiple databases
- Have fun! Experiment/play with your search process
- Reach out if you need help!