Before you can export as CSV in ProQuest RefWorks, a few extra steps are required to set up CSV as new custom output style. These steps only needs to be done once per account.
If you have already completed these steps, scroll down to "Exporting as CSV in ProQuest RefWorks"
1) Click on the + symbol at the top menu and select "Import References"
2) Under Import from another reference manager, click on "RefWorks"
3) Click on "Authorize" on the next screen
4) You will be redirected to the Legacy RefWorks interface, where you will log in with the following credentials:
Login Name: excel_export
5) you will then be redirected to your ProQuest RefWorks page informing you that you imported 1 style into your library
1) After you have imported the export style, click on the ” symbol at the top menu and select "Create Bibliography."
2) In the citation style drop-down menu, find and select "Asterisk Delimited" and then click "Copy to Clipboard."
3) Paste the bibliography into a separate blank Word document and, without modifying it at all, save it as a plain text file (.txt). If you are prompted with any File Conversion window, select Windows (Default) text encoding and click OK.
Click OK to any warnings about losing text content.
4) When opening the .txt file in Excel, you may need to ensure that you are selecting from "All Files" as seen below:
5) In the Excel Text Import Wizard, select Delimited and click Next.
6) In step 2 of the Wizard, check the Other box, and type * (asterisk) into the box and click Finish