The University of Calgary Library is the primary research library for students and staff of the Faculty of Social Work, Central and Northern Alberta Region, in Edmonton.
For most questions, see the "UCalgary Resources" tab on the left.
The University of Alberta Library formally supports the FSW Edmonton campus through:
- PRINT materials (we buy print/hard-copy versions of important SOWK books).
- Search using library.ualberta.ca
- To borrow books in person or "place holds" on items in other NEOS libraries.
- BSW = UAlberta OneCard
- MSW = UAlberta external borrower card (on request)
- Faculty = UAlberta external borrower card (on request)
- Research assistance
- library / research strategies sessions for courses (requested by faculty)
- individual consultations for students or faculty (various lengths from 30 minutes to 2 hours)
- library workshops (see http://ualberta.libcal.com/calendar/workshops/)
- eBooks and eJournals
- for items not accessible through UCalgary, come to a UAlberta service desk and request a "temporary CCID" you will need photo ID + proof of Canadian address (e.g. driver's license)