The main search bar uses a search tool called the EBSCO Discovery Service, or EDS. It searches multiple places at once.
NEOS Library Catalogue: The print & online collections of UA Library + our NEOS partner libraries.
- Books/eBooks, Musical scores, recordings, and film / video in various formats
- Titles of periodicals (journals, magazines, newspapers...), Government information & Maps
- other material held in the U of A Library's collections and those of our NEOS Partner Libraries.
- Search results will provide:
- A description of items
- Links to online sources (ebooks, etc.)
- Location and Call Number (for physical items)
- To search by call number, do a keyword search using the Field Code "NU" (NUmber), then the call number,
- The option to place a hold (on physical items)
Click the 'Limit your search to the library catalogue" box to only receive results for physical items and Ebooks in the NEOS catalogue.
Guests can look up library holdings using the Guest Catalogue link above the search box.
~300 databases which include resources such as:
- journal articles, conference proceedings, digitized primary source collections, images, etc.
- The UA Library subscribes to ~1000 databases that index information in various ways. EBSCO Discovery includes the contents of ~300 of these databases. Check here for a list of databases included ("enabled") in EDS.
- Need help identifying which databases are suitable for your subject matter? Try one of our Subject Guides to help identify which databases focus on your subject area.
ERA: Education and Research Archive (more info)
- Search through U of A's open access digital archive. ERA's open access content includes the intellectual output of the University and promotes opportunities for research discovery as well as for archival preservation for individuals at academic institutions as well as those beyond our walls. This also includes U of A theses and dissertations.