Here are elevent quick tips for finding research data as presented by Kathleen Gregory et al. in her article entitled Eleven quick tips for finding research data.
- Tip 1: Think about the data you need and why you need them.
- Tip 2: Select the most appropriate resource.
- Tip 3: Construct your query strategically.
- Tip 4: Make the repository work for you.
- Tip 5: Refine your search.
- Tip 6: Assess data relevance and fitness -for -use.
- Tip 7: Save your search and data- source details.
- Tip 8: Look for data services, not just data.
- Tip 9: Monitor the latest data.
- Tip 10: Treat sensitive data responsibly.
- Tip 11: Give back (cite and share data).
Citation: Gregory K, Khalsa SJ, Michener WK, Psomopoulos FE, de Waard A, Wu M (2018) Eleven quick tips for finding research data. PLoS Comput Biol 14(4): e1006038. https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pcbi.1006038.